Thursday, December 14, 2006

Glitter is gold

I admit it. I love Christmas. I just can't get enough shiny, sparkly, glittery things. I think I'm withdrawing from my figure skating days. -- on my dress, in my hair, on my eye lashes, on my finger nails... glitter, sequins, rhinestones, crystals... more, more, more! Make me shine like the star that I am!

And who doesn't love sequins? I'll tell you who doesn't. The girl who skates after you in the wake of your sequin parade. There is nothing more spectacular (I mean horrifying) than your main competition stumbling over your left-over sparkles. Oh no! Oooh! Ouch. Poor thing. I hope that fall won't effect her over-all standings. Off the medal podium? Aww, what a shame!

The Sequin Splat. If it doesn't happen to you, it's a good thing.



2 comments

Heather Anne said...

Your tree looks lovely.
We have the mankiest fake Charlie Brown Christmas tree you have ever seen.
Definately next year there will be an upgrade.

Mostly Lisa said...

Thanks. Better a Charlie Brown Tree than a 'flouffy' fake white tree with white lights and round gold ornaments (bleh!) There are one too many in apartment building across from us. I count 5 (double bleh!).

"Mommy, mommy I made this ornament for you in school!"
"Yes dear. That's nice. Mommy's busy doing cardio. She needs to fit in her size 0 Christmas dress."
"Can I put it on the tree? Can I mommy?"
"I think it would look nicer in Mommy's 'special' drawer where she puts all your childishly made things."

Digg Me