Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Talkin' about the Gravy




It's clear from the above very tasteful video that Billy really likes him some gravy. And who can blame him? There are times when I really believe in the power of gravy. Gravy is heart and soul of all good turkey dinners. Gravy brings together the rich melting pot of flavours at the Thanksgiving and Christmas table. Gravy doesn't discriminate against white meat or dark. It wraps all colours of meat in a warm embrace. Racial. So...

I think it's safe to say that I also like gravy. But a whole bowl? I think that might be verging on unsafe. And it makes me wonder, "is "Stu" merely a humorous caricature of someone obsessed with gravy, or is "Stu" actually a manifestation of the creator's gravy obsession?" After pondering this for some time, I started to gather some evidence from Billy's formative years, when I believe the obsession began.

Exhibit A (1996): Looking for love in all the wrong places.


Exhibit B: Billy's obsession with gravy begins to show. Seriously.


Exhibit C: Masking his growing addiction in a new found zest for fashion.


Fast forward 10 years.
Exhibit D (2007): Gravy Fever:



One wonders how far this addiction will go. Lest we not forget of our dear French-Canadian friend Sebastien Lemarcroix, who lost his job and family after growing morbidly obese from his addiction to poutine. Je me souviens.

Digg Me